AC Maintenance in the Las Vegas Area
Taking Care of Your HVAC System so It Can Take Care of you
We tend to take our air conditioners for granted, but they play an important role in maintaining the ideal temperatures and the air quality in a building. The role of an air conditioner is to circulate filtered, clean air throughout a building. The clean air that the system circulates reduces the levels of pollen, mold, dust, bacteria, mildew, and other airborne allergens that can get into a building. When you have a functioning air conditioner, you have a healthier environment where you can breathe freely.
Most experts recommend that an HVAC system be checked by a professional at least once yearly. During our visit, the team at 702 PlumbER LLC can examine and replace any parts if necessary. An HVAC tune-up includes inspection, cleaning, and service. We will inspect both the exterior and ventilation system for any warning signs of wear and tear. The exact services we perform will depend on the issues that come up during inspection.
Why Is HVAC Maintenance Important?
HVAC maintenance is a small investment that can make a large impact on your comfort levels in a home. Some of the reasons you should schedule regular AC maintenance include:
- Saving money: If components of your HVAC system are damaged and neglected for an extended period of time, it might break down entirely, which will cost you more money in the long run. AC maintenance is an upfront cost that can save you from more extensive costs in the future. This is because scheduling regular maintenance for your AC will reduce energy bills and extend the life of your system. Furthermore, preventative maintenance will help make sure that your system is running at peak efficiency, or as close as possible to peak efficiency.
- Improving indoor air quality: If the air quality in your home is suffering, you could be exposing your guests to a range of health issues without even realizing it. According to the EPA, the health effects that can come along with indoor air pollutants include irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat, as well as headaches, dizziness, fatigue, respiratory diseases, heart diseases, and cancer in extreme cases.
Regular maintenance is an effective way to improve the indoor air quality of your home in the following ways:
- Cleaning and replacing the air filter: This step prevents dust from entering the heating and cooling system because the air that circulates through the building begins at the filter. If the filter is dirty, the air will be dirty too.
- Cleaning the air ducts: As time goes on, dust and debris can accumulate in the ductwork of the home, which will create irritants in the air. Cleaning the air ducts will help prevent this from becoming an issue.
- Repairing parts as needed: The team at 702PlumbER LLC will thoroughly inspect your AC unit and examine it for common issues like water leaks, refrigerant leaks, frozen evaporator coils, failed electric control, and AC fan failure. If these parts are left unchecked, the system will be unable to regulate the humidity levels in the home, which can create problems like toxic biological growth. There is no need for your system to experience all of these issues, and we certainly do not want that to be the case on our watch.